Saturday, June 6, 2015

Healing the Wounds of Chalcedon

I collaborated with the main editor of Theologues regarding the council of Chalcedon. He allowed me to write a small entry on the history of the council and the implications for all Christians today. The following is the link to the original post (click here). I would like to thank Zach very much for giving me the opportunity to write on a delicate topic that needs to be treat with care and love. My philosophy is based on love; a love that unites in the body of Christ. Chalcedon was an event that for many, and I mean many, reasons divided the body of Christ. However, with time, wounds have begun to heal and I believe we are in a position today to finally let out a deep breathe, and with with confidence say, we can start moving forward and living out that unity once again! Leave your comments and questions and I hope this small piece will deepen your search for the truth! 



Top: Patriarch Ephrem II of Antioch and Patriarch John X of Antioch 
Bottom: Patriarch Tawadros II of Alexandria and Patriarch Theodoros II of Alexandria


Pope Francis and Patriarch Tawadros II 

No comments:

Post a Comment