Saturday, January 19, 2013

True Spirituality: A New Life

A close friend of mine asked me this following question:

In a bishop's talk I attended he said that we need to start making "spiritual goals" so make us closer to God, are these goals like objective things of quantity? Like should I read my bible more? Should I pray more? Like spiritual goals that can be kept for 2013 so that a person is not doing the same exact thing they did last year and the year rushes by without any chane spiritually, I guess it also ties in with seeking God constantly, like how can I seek Him everyday. And personally some days I want to seek God more then others, but is there a way to make it a constant thing.

To answer such a question would be abnormal for me because spirituality and spiritual growth is based on experience hence we we seek advice from individuals who are much older than us and have acquired more wisdom. I will be using an article written by Fr. Maxym Lysack. His article which focuses on the story of the rich man approach Christ (Lk 18 and Matt 19.16-26) is the main story behind the article. The following will illustrate a small portrait of how one can begin to there new life in Christ:

http://www.christthesaviour.ca/articles/true_spirituality.html

No comments:

Post a Comment